Car accidents can happen anywhere, but some cities in Texas have a higher incidence of accidents than others. Here are some of the cities in Texas with the most car accidents.
- Houston: As the largest city in Texas, it’s no surprise that Houston has a high number of car accidents. In 2020 alone, there were over 68,000 crashes in Houston, resulting in over 200 fatalities.
- Dallas: Another major city in Texas, Dallas also has a high number of car accidents. In 2020, there were over 42,000 crashes in Dallas, resulting in over 150 fatalities.
- San Antonio: With a growing population and busy highways, San Antonio has become a high-risk area for car accidents. In 2020, there were over 34,000 crashes in San Antonio, resulting in over 100 fatalities.
- Austin: The capital of Texas, Austin is a popular tourist destination and a growing city, but it also has a high number of car accidents. In 2020, there were over 15,000 crashes in Austin, resulting in over 70 fatalities.
- Fort Worth: As the fifth-largest city in Texas, Fort Worth is another city with a high number of car accidents. In 2020, there were over 14,000 crashes in Fort Worth, resulting in over 60 fatalities.
These cities are just a few examples of the high-risk areas for car accidents in Texas. Keep in mind that these numbers are pulled from 2020 data when fewer drivers were on the road due to Coronavirus. It is important for drivers to exercise caution when navigating these busy areas, and for city officials to take steps to improve safety and reduce the risk of accidents.
Some of the safety measures that can be taken include better traffic management, improving signage, and increasing the number of law enforcement officers on the roads. However, the best measure to help you stay safe on the road is to learn how to anticipate, identify, and avoid road dangers. By working together, we can make Texas’ cities safer for everyone.
Join 500,000 drivers who use a DriveSafe Online defensive driving course to receive an auto insurance discount or to dismiss a traffic ticket.
Whether you need to clean up your driving record to satisfy court requirements and improve your standing with your insurance provider, or you want to lower your auto insurance rate, a DriveSafe Online defensive driving course completion certificate could be worth hundreds of dollars in discount savings on your insurance premium.
DriveSafe Online can also help businesses get fleet drivers safety certified in as little as 60 minutes. DriveSafe Online fleet driver safety courses are designed to help decrease employee downtime, increase workforce productivity, and prevent costly accidents before they happen. Whether employees drive company vehicles or their personal cars to complete business tasks, training your drivers is smart business.
Select I’M READY to lock in your low course price now. You can begin the course whenever your schedule allows.