Florida Basic Driver Improvement (BDI) Course
For ORANGE-OSCEOLA COUNTIES Only
Avoid Points. 100% Online. Easy to Pass.
Click START to begin the best online driver improvement course in the state of Florida.
4-HOUR COURSE Only $595
Just what you need. Course content is approved by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FDHSMV).
Keep Points Off Your Record
Take the DriveSafe Online BDI course to remove points from your driver’s license.
No Hidden Fees
Never had them. Never will. Our simple pricing means you get access to the full video course, practice quizzes, and completion certificate for one affordable price.
Certificate of Completion
Your certificate of completion is emailed immediately after you pass the course. Submit a paper copy to the clerk of court. Keep a digital copy for your records.
Enjoy Key Drivesafe Online Defensive Driving Course Advantages:
- 100% online for safety and convenience
- One price means no hidden fees
- Lowest price available
- Stop and start around your schedule
- Mobile friendly design
- May be completed at once or in short sessions over multiple days
- Certificate emailed immediately upon completion
- Only $5.95 with NO hidden fees
DriveSafe Online Can Help with Your Traffic Ticket
If you receive a traffic ticket in Orange or Osceola County, you may be eligible to have it dismissed simply by passing our Florida BDI course and paying any required fines.
Available in Orange and Osceola Counties
For a limited time, our state-approved Florida BDI course is available only in Orange and Osceola Counties. We need several thousand drivers to complete this defensive driving program before we make it available to drivers in all Florida cities and counties.
When paying your fine, be sure to choose the option indicating that you elect to take the BDI traffic school to avoid points assessed to your driving record. You have 30 days from the time you receive your moving violation to let the Court Clerk know that you want to take the online course. Your case will then be extended 90 days to give you time to complete the 4-hour basic driver improvement course.
If you qualify to take the driver safety course, and you pass the assessment to earn your completion certificate, points will NOT be added to your record! A clean driving record can help prevent increases to your auto insurance rate.
Did you know?
The DriveSafe Online Florida BDI can help you avoid points on your license. This can help prevent increases on your insurance premiums.
Enjoy the Most Engaging Defensive Driving Course in Florida
DriveSafe Online courses redefine what Florida online traffic school classes look like. That’s why it’s the best course Florida drivers can take. When the content is interesting, you’re more likely to retain the information.
No small video boxes. Watch video that fills your entire screen for easy viewing. We use in-car and drone videos to show you driving situations and road hazards from multiple viewpoints. New perspectives will help you understand how to follow traffic laws, prevent accidents, and avoid traffic tickets.
Don’t just watch, get in on the action. Our course introduces interactive scenarios that challenge your decision-making skills in real-life driving situations. You learn practical safe driving techniques you can use immediately when you slide behind the wheel of your vehicle.
We want you to succeed. Our practice quizzes help you understand the course information so you can cruise through the final exam! Learn exactly what you need to know to pass the course, satisfy court ordered requirements, maintain a clean driving record, and become a safer driver.
Our Florida Driver Improvement BDI Course Features:
- Easy to complete exam with 99% passing rate on first attempt
- Easy to use full-screen video for hassle-free learning
- Interactive exercises to gauge your driving skills
- Smart bookmarking so you can stop and start as often as needed
- 24/7 online access for flexible and convenient learning
- Live chat customer support for prompt assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get my ticket dismissed in Florida?
Yes! If you receive a traffic ticket in Orange County or Osceola County, you may be eligible to take the 4-hour DriveSafe Online BDI course to keep points off your driver performance record.
You may only complete the BDI traffic school once within a 12-month period, and no more than five times in your lifetime. You must successfully complete the course within a 90-day acceptance window to dismiss the ticket before it appears on your driving record.
The DriveSafe Online Florida Basic Driver Improvement (BDI) course content is fully approved by the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV) department. Check with the clerk of court in the county where you received your citation to see if your case qualifies. When you contact the court in Orange County or Osceola County, have your traffic ticket information available, including the ticket number, date, and violation.
Who can take a Florida BDI course?
Drivers who receive a traffic ticket in either Orange County or Osceola County may elect to pay a fine and complete a BDI course to keep points off their record. Keep in mind that specific violations qualify for the voluntary decision to complete the course. Options for satisfying a traffic violation are listed on the back of the ticket.
The FHSMV indicates that a Florida BDI course is mandatory when:
- A driver elects to complete a BDI class instead of having points assessed from a traffic citation
- A driver cited for a crash in which they were found at fault and required anyone being transported to the hospital
- A driver involved in two crashes within a two-year period with property damage greater than $500
- A driver convicted of one of the following violations:
- Passing a school bus when stop signal is displayed
- Highway racing
- Reckless driving
- Running a red light
Is it worth it to take a Florida BDI course?
Absolutely. You will receive the following benefits when you elect to take a Basic Driver Improvement course:
- Points may not be added to your driving record and adjudication of guilt is withheld
- Fine will be reduced
- Insurance rates are protected. Your insurance company cannot impose an additional premium, cancel your policy, or issue a non-renewal notice due to a traffic infraction when adjudication has been withheld and no points added to your record. However, this could change if the event involved a traffic crash, you are at fault, and the insurance company incurred a loss.
25 Years of Training Experience
DriveSafe Online® defensive driving courses are developed by the same award-winning eLearning team trusted by top companies around the world to train hundreds of thousands of people.
Some of our clients and partners include Oracle, Hyatt, Cessna, Kellogg’s, PepsiCo and Georgia-Pacific. We have been creating online courses since 1994. In fact, we helped develop many innovative standards you see in online courses today.
Simply put, we know what it takes to create online courses that are interesting, fun to take and actually help you learn.
Our work has earned multiple awards for:
- Best content
- Best advance in technology
- Best innovation
Now our team is focused on revolutionizing online driver education.
DriveSafe Online courses merge unique graphics and animations, interactive scenarios with narrated stories and video demonstrations—including in-car and drone footage—to deliver safe driving information like no other online defensive driving course available today.
Our mission is to develop a better way to help you:
- Save money on your auto insurance
- Meet court-ordered driver improvement plans
- Dismiss traffic tickets or reduce points
- Reinforce your driver road knowledge
- Become a safer driver
The way we see it, we all share the same streets and highways. If we each take the time to do our part to understand driving laws and regulations, improve our driving performance, and be courteous to other drivers, the roads will be safer for everyone to enjoy.
Drive smart. Drive confident. And always, DriveSafe.