Nebraska Online Defensive Driving Courses
Easy. Narrated Video. No Hidden Fees. Money-Back Guarantee.
Click START to begin the best online defensive driving class in Nebraska
Most drivers use the 1-hour version to get their defensive driving discount
Choose the 6-hour version to meet specific court or insurance requirements
No Hidden Fees
You get everything for one low price: our Nebraska video course, final exam, completion certificate, and live customer support.
You may be eligible for a discount after completing our course! Check with your car insurance agent to see if you’re eligible.
At home or on the go, get our high-quality driver improvement course on your laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.
Choose the defensive driving class with no risk – if you take our course for an insurance discount and you don’t receive one from your insurance carrier, you’ll get a full refund.
Our Nebraska Defensive Driving Courses Feature:
- 24/7 online access for flexible and convenient learning
- No course timers mean you control your self-paced review
- Easy to see full-screen video for hassle-free viewing
- Interactive exercises to gauge your driving skills
- Smart bookmarking so you won’t repeat content
- Easy to complete exam with 99% passing rate on first attempt
- Live chat customer support for prompt assistance
- Only $24.95 with no hidden fees
Refresh your Knowledge
If you want to stay up to date on current driving and traffic rules, our Nebraska traffic school course is an efficient and effective solution. You’ll refresh your knowledge and learn new techniques for staying safe on Nebraska’s roads. We’ll help you know how to drive safely and make good defensive driving decisions whenever you hit the road.
Enjoy the Most Engaging Nebraska Defensive Driving Course
At DriveSafe Online, we create courses that bring instruction to life so you can easily apply it to your own driving situations. We provide tips and techniques that you can use when you’re navigating traffic anywhere in the world. Plus, our courses offer high-quality video that fills your entire screen and animated graphics to emphasize vital information.
Our unique in-car and drone videos are unlike other training courses. You’ll be able to see driving situations and road hazards from multiple perspectives and understand how to follow traffic laws and avoid traffic tickets. You won’t want to put our course down – but if you need to, our easy bookmarking feature will let you stop the course and pick up again later without repeating any content.
DriveSafe Online’s Nebraska Defensive Driving Courses can save you hundreds of dollars on your auto insurance. The savings last for three years once you complete the course.
Can you afford to wait?
Earn a Certificate of Completion
Our course is easy to take and easy to pass. Once you complete the course, a certificate of completion is emailed to you immediately. In addition to honoring your efforts, the certificate can be shared with your insurance company if you are eligible for a defensive driving discount. You may even choose to have a certificate copy emailed directly to your agent.
You Will Love These Nebraska Defensive Driving Program Benefits:
- 100% online for safety and convenience
- Lowest price available
- One price means no hidden fees
- Mobile friendly–Works on your phone, tablet, or computer
- Pause/Stop/Start controls to fit your schedule May be completed in more than one session
- Completion certificate emailed immediately after passing
- Money-back guarantee
- Earn a defensive driving discount to save money on car insurance
- Refresh and improve your driving skills
- Become a safer driver
- Get the best value online! Receive all full-screen video course content, all practice quizzes, the final exam, and your completion certificate for only $24.95
- Get the best value online! Receive all course content, narrated full-screen video, all practice quizzes, the final exam, and your completion certificate for ONLY $24.95
Frequently Asked Questions:
Getting a Nebraska Driver License
Nebraska offers several driver’s license options for new drivers. These include:
- School Learner’s Permit (LPE). The LPE can be applied for when the driver turns 14 years old. The applicant must pass vision and written tests. Drivers with an LPE must have a licensed driver over the age of 21 in the passenger seat. The LPE expires three months after the date of issuance.
- Learner’s Permit (LPD). New drivers aged 15 or over will be issued an LPD upon successfully completing vision and written tests. The written test may be waived if the driver has an LPE, SCP, or LPD that is current or has been expired for less than one year. The LPD expires one year following the date of issuance. Drivers with an LPD must be accompanied by a passenger at least 21 years of age in the front passenger seat.
- School Permit (SCP). The SCP can be applied for when the driver is at least 14 years and two months of age and has held an LPE or LPD for at least two months. Additionally, the applicant for an SCP must live outside a city of 5,000 or attend a school outside a city of 5,000 or more. Applicants must have successfully completed a DMV-approved driver safety course along with written and driving tests, or present a 50-hour Certification form signed by a parent, guardian or licensed driver at least 21 years of age. SCP drivers can drive unsupervised to their school using the most direct route. They may also drive anywhere with a licensed driver over the age of 21. The SCP expires when the driver turns 16 years and three months of age.
- Provisional Operator’s Permit (POP). Drivers aged 16 or over may apply for a POP if they have done one of the following: 1) held an LPE, SCP, or LPD for a minimum of six months and accumulated three or fewer points on their driving record; 2) successfully completed a Nebraska DMV approved driver safety course; or 3) completed at least 50 hours of supervised driving per the requirements of the 50-hour Certification form. Written and drive testing may be required based on the method of qualification. Drivers with a POP can operate vehicles unsupervised between the hours of 6 am and midnight, and they can operate vehicles at other times with a licensed driver over the age of 21 in the front passenger seat. The POP also places restrictions on passengers during the first six months after issuance. The POP expires when the driver reaches the age of 18.
- Standard Operator’s License (LIC). Drivers who have held a POP for at least 12 months and are at least 17 years of age are eligible to advance to an LIC. Individuals over 18 years of age who have never held a POP are also eligible to apply for an LIC. Vision, written and drive tests may be required based on prior licensing held. Most Operator’s Licenses are valid for five years from issuance.
Nebraska License Renewal
In most cases, Nebraska drivers are able to renew their standard operator’s licenses online. Visit the Nebraska DMV website for more information.
Online options are also available for drivers who wish to advance:
- From an LPE or LPD to an SCP
- From an LPE, LPD, or SCP to a POP, or
- From a POP to an LIC
You must meet all applicable eligibility requirements for license upgrades and renewals.
Nebraska Enhanced Driver’s License and REAL ID
Since 2013, Nebraska has offered REAL ID-compliant driver’s licenses. REAL ID is a credential that will be required as of October 1st, 2021, for travel on domestic flights and to access federal property, such as military bases. REAL IDs look like standard Nebraska driver’s licenses with the addition of a gold star. Since Nebraska licenses are renewed every five years, all current licenses in circulation are REAL-ID compliant.
How to Get an Insurance Discount
Insurance companies in Nebraska may offer a defensive driving discount to eligible drivers. The terms and amount of savings may vary from provider to provider. Please contact your insurance company to find out if you are eligible to submit our online defensive driving course certificate for an insurance discount.
Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
The Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is the official government office that provides Nebraska driver’s licenses and state identification cards. Whether you’re applying for your first driver’s license, need to renew your existing license, or you simply have questions about Nebraska traffic laws and regulations, the Nebraska DMV is the resource for all your driving needs.
Find the Nearest Nebraska DMV Office
Although many DMV services are available online, the Nebraska DMV also offers many locations for you to complete your driver-related business. Visit the Nebraska DMV County Locations website to locate your nearest DMV office.
25 Years of Training Experience
DriveSafe Online® defensive driving courses are developed by the same award-winning eLearning team trusted by top companies around the world to train millions of people.
Some of our clients and partners include Oracle, Hyatt, Cessna, Kellogg’s, PepsiCo and Georgia-Pacific. We have been creating online courses since 1994. In fact, we helped develop many innovative standards you see in online courses today.
Simply put, we know what it takes to create online courses that are interesting, fun to take and actually help you learn.
Our work has earned multiple awards for:
- Best content
- Best advance in technology
- Best innovation
Now our team is focused on revolutionizing online driver education.
DriveSafe Online courses merge unique graphics and animations, interactive scenarios with narrated stories and video demonstrations—including in-car and drone footage—to deliver safe driving information like no other online defensive driving course available today.
Our mission is to develop a better way to help you:
- Save money on your auto insurance
- Meet court-ordered driver improvement plans
- Dismiss traffic tickets or reduce points
- Reinforce your driver road knowledge
- Become a safer driver
The way we see it, we all share the same streets and highways. If we each take the time to do our part to understand driving laws and regulations, improve our driving performance, and be courteous to other drivers, the roads will be safer for everyone to enjoy.
Drive smart. Drive confident. And always, DriveSafe.