MARYLAND ONLINE DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSES
Insurance Discount. Risk-Free Money-Back Guarantee! No Hidden Fees.
Click START to begin the best driver improvement courses in Maryland
Most drivers use the 1-hour version to get their defensive driving discount
Choose the 6-hour version to meet specific insurance or court requirements
Certificate of Completion
Your customized certificate is emailed immediately after completing the course. Keep a digital copy for your records.
No Hidden Fees
Straightforward pricing means no unexpected costs. The full video course and completion certificate are yours for one affordable price.
If your insurance company does not accept our certificate of completion for a lower rate, we will refund 100% of your money.
Our Maryland Driver Improvement Program Features:
- 24/7 access to course content
- Easy bookmarking to pause and restart whenever you want
- Closed captioning and fully narrated video
- 99% passing rate on first attempt
- Live chat available to answer any user questions
- Certificate of completion emailed immediately after completion
- Only $24.95 without any hidden fees
Take the Shortest Defensive Driving Course in Maryland
Maybe you’re considering our course to save on your car insurance. Maybe you’re looking at online traffic schools as part of a court-ordered requirement. Or maybe you just want to brush up on your knowledge of the rules of the road in Maryland. Whatever your reason, you need a course that’s quick, easy, and effective.
Our driver improvement program is the shortest online traffic school available for Maryland drivers. We know you don’t have time to waste on a drawn-out course. We’re bringing you the information you need in an efficient package so you can get the facts without the fluff.
As soon as you complete a DriveSafe online defensive driving course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion in your email. You can then provide the certificate to your insurance agent to receive your insurance discount if you qualify. Quick. Easy. Effective.
Think You Know Online Learning? Think Again!
Our course is so much more than text on a screen! You’ll immerse yourself in realistic scenarios that let you see how you will respond to hazardous situations—without the risk!
Plus, our courses are designed with your comfort in mind. Built-in content breaks ensure that you don’t repeat content, and our easy navigation lets you start and stop whenever you need to. You can even switch between devices! Our course looks great on your computer, tablet, and mobile phone.
DriveSafe Online’s Maryland Defensive Driving Courses can save you hundreds of dollars on your auto insurance. The savings last for three years once you complete the course.
No tiny images or picture-in-picture in our courses! Whether you’re on a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, you’ll enjoy full-screen, high-quality video that utilizes in-car and drone footage. You’ll be right in the middle of the action!
Our DriveSafe Online Maryland Defensive Driving courses use animated graphics to highlight key learning points and make sure you stay engaged in the content.
You Can Count on Our Money-Back Guarantee
We know you have options when choosing an online course to get an insurance discount. We’re going to do what it takes to earn your business. That means if your insurance provider fails to accept our completion certificate, we’ll return your money. That’s our guarantee.
Our Maryland Online Driver Traffic School Offers These Benefits:
- Convenient learning anywhere on any device
- Cinematic quality video and animation
- Practice quizzes to help you prepare for the assessment
- Discount on your auto insurance with completion certificate
- The best online defensive driving course in Maryland for only $24.95
Frequently Asked Questions
Obtaining a Maryland Insurance Discount
1) Contact your auto insurance agent
Ask your agent if you are eligible for a discount on your car insurance after passing the DriveSafe Online Maryland Defensive Driving course. Your agent will be able to tell you if the insurance company offers a discount, and how much you could save on insurance premiums after taking our course.
2) Take the DriveSafe Online Maryland Defensive Driving Course
Registration for our course is straightforward and simple! And once you’re registered, you can take the course as time allows. Use a laptop, tablet, or even your cell phone! As soon as you successfully complete the course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion.
3) Submit your certificate
Once you receive your completion certificate, print it and submit it to your insurance agent as proof that you passed the course. Better yet, have your certificate emailed straight to your agent for even faster service! Start saving today!
Understanding Maryland’s Point System
Traffic violations in Maryland are assigned points by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA), which go on the driver’s record and can increase the driver’s insurance rates.
Some of the most common traffic violations that result in points include:
- Speeding by more than 10 mph over the posted limit – 2 points
- Following another vehicle too closely – 2 points
- Running a red light – 2 points
- Failing to stop for a school bus or school vehicle – 3 points
- Any moving violation that contributes to an accident – 3 points
- Speeding by more than 30 mph over the posted limit – 5 points
- Driving without a license – 5 points
- Reckless driving – 6 points
- Driving while impaired – 8 points
- Driving on a suspended license – 12 points
A full list of violations and the points assigned to them can be found online.
Drivers can check their points using the MyDMV system.
Accessing Maryland Driver Reports
Many motor vehicle services provided by Maryland MVA are available online. One service you may find particularly useful is the ability to request your driver record. The MVA offers both a 3-year record and a complete driving record for Maryland licensed drivers.
Your driver record can be requested at the MVAonline, with payment made by credit card or electronic check. It will be mailed to the address on record with the MVA. You can also print the MVA Request for Record and take it, along with payment, to an MVA branch office, or mail the completed form and payment (via check or money order).
You can request that your report be “certified.” Certified reports are stamped by the MVA and are recognized by courts as an official MVA document. There is a slightly higher fee for certified reports.
Getting a Maryland Driver License
Maryland New Drivers
Maryland offers a Rookie Driver Program, a graduated licensing program for new drivers who have never held a driver’s license in any state. There are three stages of licensing in this program:
- Learner’s Permit. During this phase, the driver must be accompanied by a qualified supervising driver over the age of 21. Depending on the age of the driver, the Learner’s Permit phase lasts a minimum of 45 days to 9 months. The driver must pass a vision test and a knowledge test to obtain a learner’s permit.
- Provisional License. Drivers must complete 30 hours of instruction and pass a driving skills test to advance to the provisional license. Provisional license holders under the age of 18 have additional restrictions relating to the hours they are allowed to drive, passengers in the car, seat belt usage, and electronic device use.
- Full license. Drivers who complete the previous phases and reach the age of 18 will advance to a full license without restriction (unless restrictions are the result of violations).
Additional information on the Rookie Driver Program can be found in this brochure.
Maryland License Renewal
Drivers with a current Maryland license will receive a renewal notice before their license expires by mail or email. The notice will indicate whether you have the option of renewing online, visiting a branch office in person, or renewing by mail. The notification will also indicate what documents you need to provide for your renewal.
If you have a Maryland license that has been expired for more than one year, you will need to undergo vision screening and pass the knowledge and driving skills tests. You will also need to provide proof of age, identity, and residency. You can begin your application online and take the application and required documents to a branch office of the MVA.
Maryland REAL ID
Maryland identification cards, including driver’s licenses, are transitioning to be REAL ID compliant. REAL ID is a federal program that was created in response to the terror attacks of September 11th with a goal of increased safety and security. You can check to see if your Maryland driver’s license is REAL ID compliant by using the Real ID tool.
If your license is not REAL ID compliant, you can convert it by visiting an MDOT MVA branch and providing proof of age and identity, proof of social security, and proof of Maryland residency. Learn more about Maryland’s REAL ID program, including how to make an appointment to get a REAL ID, by reviewing this fact sheet.
25 Years of Training Experience
DriveSafe Online® defensive driving courses are developed by the same award-winning eLearning team trusted by top companies around the world to train millions of people.
Some of our clients and partners include Oracle, Hyatt, Cessna, Kellogg’s, PepsiCo and Georgia-Pacific. We have been creating online courses since 1994. In fact, we helped develop many innovative standards you see in online courses today.
Simply put, we know what it takes to create online courses that are interesting, fun to take and actually help you learn.
Our work has earned multiple awards for:
- Best content
- Best advance in technology
- Best innovation
Now our team is focused on revolutionizing online driver education.
DriveSafe Online courses merge unique graphics and animations, interactive scenarios with narrated stories and video demonstrations—including in-car and drone footage—to deliver safe driving information like no other online defensive driving course available today.
Our mission is to develop a better way to help you:
- Save money on your auto insurance
- Meet court-ordered driver improvement plans
- Dismiss traffic tickets or reduce points
- Reinforce your driver road knowledge
- Become a safer driver
The way we see it, we all share the same streets and highways. If we each take the time to do our part to understand driving laws and regulations, improve our driving performance, and be courteous to other drivers, the roads will be safer for everyone to enjoy.
Drive smart. Drive confident. And always, DriveSafe.