Atlanta, Georgia is a bustling city with a high volume of traffic on its roads. Unfortunately, this means that there are many dangerous intersections where accidents are more likely to occur. In this blog post, we will explore some of the most dangerous intersections in Atlanta and offer tips for navigating them safely.
Atlanta’s Most Dangerous Intersections:
- Peachtree Street and Lenox Road. Located in the Buckhead neighborhood, this intersection is known for its high traffic volume and frequent accidents. Drivers should be extra cautious when approaching this intersection, especially during peak traffic hours.
- Northside Drive and 14th Street. This intersection is known for its heavy traffic and high accident rate. Drivers should pay close attention to the lane markers and be cautious when merging or changing lanes.
- Moreland Avenue and Glenwood Road. Located in the East Atlanta neighborhood, this intersection is known for its complex design and high traffic volume. Drivers should be extra cautious when navigating this busy intersection.
- Ponce de Leon Avenue and Juniper Street. This intersection in the Midtown area has a high accident rate due to its heavy traffic. Drivers should be cautious when merging, changing lanes, or turning onto Juniper Street.
- Peachtree Street and North Avenue. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, this intersection is known for its heavy traffic and frequent accidents. Drivers should be extra cautious when navigating this intersection, especially during peak traffic hours.
Tips for Safe Driving in Atlanta Intersections:
- Always obey traffic signals and signs
- Use turn signals to indicate lane changes or turns
- Avoid distractions such as texting or eating while driving
- Yield to pedestrians and cyclists in crosswalks
- Be extra cautious during peak traffic hours
- Keep a safe distance from other vehicles
- Slow down
Navigating the streets of Atlanta can be challenging, but by being aware of the most dangerous intersections and taking precautions, drivers can reduce their risk of accidents. Remember to always drive with caution and pay close attention to your surroundings, especially when approaching these high-risk intersections.
Save Money, Save Lives
Join 500,000 drivers who use a DriveSafe Online defensive driving course to receive an auto insurance discount or to dismiss a traffic ticket.