Austin, Texas is a fun city to visit and live in, but with a growing number of vehicles on the road, it has also become home to some of the most dangerous intersections in the state. Here are some of the most dangerous intersections in Austin, TX.
- I-35 and Highway 290: This intersection is one of the busiest in Austin and has been the site of numerous accidents over the years. The heavy traffic flow and merging lanes make it a high-risk area for accidents. Is it illegal to change lanes in an intersection?
- Lamar Boulevard and Parmer Lane: This intersection has been identified as one of the most dangerous in Austin, with several fatal accidents occurring here in recent years. The intersection is complicated by the presence of multiple lanes and high-speed traffic.
- East Cesar Chavez Street and Pleasant Valley Road: This intersection has been identified as one of the most dangerous in Austin for pedestrians, with several fatal accidents involving pedestrians occurring here in recent years. The intersection is located in a busy residential and commercial area, with heavy traffic and several pedestrian crossings. Do you know the right-of-way laws for pedestrians and drivers?
- Riverside Drive and South Congress Avenue: This intersection is located in a popular tourist area and is known for its heavy traffic flow and complicated merging lanes. The intersection has been the site of several accidents, including several involving pedestrians.
- Burnet Road and Research Boulevard: This intersection is located in a busy commercial area and is known for its heavy traffic flow and multiple lanes. The intersection has been the site of several accidents over the years, including several involving motorcycles.
These intersections are just a few examples of the dangerous roads in Austin. It is important for drivers and pedestrians to exercise caution when navigating these busy areas, and for city officials to take steps to improve safety and reduce the risk of accidents.
Some of the measures that can be taken include better traffic management, improving signage, and increasing the number of crosswalks and pedestrian signals. By working together, we can make Austin’s roads safer for everyone.
We can show you how to stay safe on Texas roads and save money on your insurance. Join 500,000 drivers who use a DriveSafe Online defensive driving course to receive an auto insurance discount or to dismiss a traffic ticket. Select I’M READY to lock in your low price now. You can begin the course whenever your schedule allows.