If you’re a frequent driver, you know that tolls can add up quickly, especially if you’re traveling long distances or commuting to work every day. However, there is a way to save money and time on tolls: using a toll tag.
Benefits of Toll Tags
A toll tag, also known as an electronic toll collection system, is a small device that is installed on your windshield or dashboard. It communicates with toll plaza readers via radio waves and automatically deducts the toll from your account when you drive through the toll plaza. Here are some ways using a toll tag can save you money:
- Discounts: Many toll authorities offer discounts to drivers who use toll tags. For example, the E-ZPass system in the Northeastern United States offers discounts of up to 50% on tolls. In addition, some toll roads offer variable pricing based on traffic volume, time of day, or other factors. Toll tags can help you take advantage of these discounts and avoid paying full price.
- Avoiding cash lanes: Toll tags allow you to avoid the cash lanes at toll plazas, which can be time-consuming and often have longer lines. Using a toll tag means you can use the dedicated electronic lanes, which are usually faster and have shorter wait times.
- No more lost or forgotten toll tickets: Have you ever lost a toll ticket or forgotten to pay a toll? With a toll tag, you don’t have to worry about these scenarios. The toll is automatically deducted from your account, so you never have to worry about keeping track of toll tickets or paying fines for forgotten tolls.
- Simplified billing: Using a toll tag means you only receive one bill for all of your toll charges, rather than multiple bills from different toll authorities. This can help you keep track of your toll expenses and simplify your monthly budgeting.
- Reduced administrative fees: Many toll authorities charge administrative fees for processing toll payments, especially for out-of-state drivers. These fees can add up quickly, but toll tags can help you avoid them altogether or reduce them significantly.
Overall, using a toll tag can save you time, money, and hassle when it comes to paying tolls. If you’re a frequent driver, it’s worth considering getting a toll tag to simplify your commute and reduce your expenses.
Drive Safe and Save Money
Another way to save money is to take an online traffic school program. Join 500,000 drivers who use a DriveSafe Online defensive driving course to receive an auto insurance discount or to dismiss a traffic ticket.
Whether you need to clean up your driving record to satisfy court requirements and improve your standing with your insurance provider, or you want to lower your auto insurance rate, a DriveSafe Online defensive driving course completion certificate could be worth hundreds of dollars in discount savings on your insurance premium.